Home Neithercut Legal Educational Scholarship
The Neithercut Fund of the Genesee County Bar Foundation is committed to the continuing legal education of our members who are either sole practitioners or members of law firms. This year the Foundation has increased the scholarship benefits for our members. The Board of the Foundation policy is to encourage seminar participation. Beginning December 1st and until further notice, the Neithercut Fund of the Genesee County Bar Foundation will now pay for 60% of the cost of tuition per attorney per year, not to exceed $500 per Attorney per year, to any attorney that meets the following criteria.
1. Recipients must be current full members of the Genesee County Bar Association.
2. Applicants must prove paid attendance at any Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar of the Michigan State Bar Association; American Bankruptcy Institute; Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Section; and Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan.
3. The Foundation would reimburse the Attorney one half the cost of Seminar tuition.
4. The Scholarship Grant could not exceed $500.00 per Attorney per year.
5. The Funds will be allocated from the Neithercut Fund up to a maximum of $10,000.00 in the first year.
6. Applicants must be in the private practice of law.
7. This grant shall be administered by the Genesee County Bar Association which shall be reimbursed for actual time and expenses, but no more than $1,000.00 in a year.
To take advantage of this opportunity please contact GCBA/GCBF Executive Director Tatilia “Tina” Burroughs at 810-232-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This grant program can be discontinued at such time as the Foundation Board determines.
This is not a need-based scholarship but a benefit available to every member whether they pay for their CLE or it is paid by their firm or partnership.
Amended December 2020